Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I would like to record a few messages that get played during out video conferences on the RMX2000.

They are for:

1. Entry Queue IVR Service - General Welcome Message

2. Entry Queue IVR Service - Request Conference ID

3. Entry Queue IVR Service - Retry Conference ID

etc.

What is the best tool to use to record these messages?

What format should they be in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've discovered that if you copy the sndrec32.exe from Windows XP c:\windows\system32 folder to the Windows 7 machine, it works fine.

So I now now record WAV files again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Robert,

To record audio messages, use any sound recording utility available in your computer or record them professionally in a recording studio. Make sure that recorded message can be saved as a Wave file (*.wav format) and that the recorded format settings are as defined in steps 4 and 5 on page

15-29. The files are converted into the RMX internal format during the upload process.

See the section  - Creating Audio Prompts and Video Slides in the following link:

RMX Administrators Guide

S.

HP Recommended

We have recently upgraded all our PCs in the office to Windows 7 from WIndows XP.

Windows XP comes with Sound Recorder utility that allows you to create and save wav files. But in Windows 7 the Sound Recorder only allows you to save it as a WMA file. (stupid Microsoft).

Does anyone know of a free utility that can be used to record wav files on a Windows 7 PC?

HP Recommended

I've discovered that if you copy the sndrec32.exe from Windows XP c:\windows\system32 folder to the Windows 7 machine, it works fine.

So I now now record WAV files again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.