Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I am new with Soft Blade software and I have found anything about an upgrade path.

Does anyone could explain me how I can uograde the Soft Blade?

From what I red, I guess I need to install a fresh new virtual machine and configure it as the existing ?

Thank you and best regards

Johan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
hi Johan,

There are 2 ways :

1) Upgrade the RMX ( as per the support upgrade path) this will upgrade the softblade automatically.

OR

2) Delete the old softblade from the RMX . Then upgrade the RMX and deploy the new OVA for the softblade.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
hi Johan,

There are 2 ways :

1) Upgrade the RMX ( as per the support upgrade path) this will upgrade the softblade automatically.

OR

2) Delete the old softblade from the RMX . Then upgrade the RMX and deploy the new OVA for the softblade.

Hope that helps!
HP Recommended

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for the anwser 🙂

That means, if I upgrade the RMX to the last version 8.7.4.1, it will upgrade directly the soft blade for sure?

Sorry if I ask the same question, I just want to be sure because I will do that to a customer this week and need to be sure.

If this is the case, that's perfect!

Thank you and best regards

Johan

HP Recommended
Yes upgrading the RMX to 8.7.4.1 will upgrade the softblade.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.