Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Uprade Soft Blade

SOLVED

Uprade Soft Blade

Hello Everyone,

I am new with Soft Blade software and I have found anything about an upgrade path.

Does anyone could explain me how I can uograde the Soft Blade?

From what I red, I guess I need to install a fresh new virtual machine and configure it as the existing ?

Thank you and best regards

Johan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee

Re: Uprade Soft Blade

hi Johan,

There are 2 ways :

1) Upgrade the RMX ( as per the support upgrade path) this will upgrade the softblade automatically.

OR

2) Delete the old softblade from the RMX . Then upgrade the RMX and deploy the new OVA for the softblade.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for the anwser :)

That means, if I upgrade the RMX to the last version 8.7.4.1, it will upgrade directly the soft blade for sure?

Sorry if I ask the same question, I just want to be sure because I will do that to a customer this week and need to be sure.

If this is the case, that's perfect!

Thank you and best regards

Johan

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee

Yes upgrading the RMX to 8.7.4.1 will upgrade the softblade.
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4