cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Freeze RealConnect

Occasional Visitor

Video Freeze RealConnect

Hi,

We experience an intermittient issue wherby during a RealConnect call, the video from a Skype for Business user would freeze briefly on the endpoint (group series).

For other users who are on the Skype for Business AVMCU during the call, the video doesn't freeze, so it doesn't appear to be a SFB issue.

Also if we have a purely endpoint multi party call hosted on the RMX, all is OK. This points to an issue on the cascade link perhaps.

During the video freeze, audio continues fine.

We are using RMX version 8.7.3 and DMA 6.4.1. Skype for Business 2015. All are on premise.

Anyone experienced a similiar issue at all?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Video Freeze RealConnect

Hi,

I have the same problem within a deployment of one customer.
Any solution for this?

Thanks
Marc
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hi Marc,

No solution yet unfortunately. I'm working with Polycom support on this but no definitive answer yet.

The current suggestion is that some packets coming from the SFB AVMCU are corrupt.
X B 1 MFA U -1 11:08:23:457945,36 L:n 50Y TN:IpMedia PartyID:-1 FN:rtpUnpackX86 Lctn:rtp.c(624) (rtp.c rtpUnpackX86 624) : EmbError This packet is probably corrupted -p->sByte=16 >= p->len=16 (SSRC: 0x6de ,seq_num: 30361)

I'm investigating with our network team - but RMX and SFB don't have any significant hops between them - both are delivered from a core switch but on different VLANs.

Is your customers setup similar? - RMX and SFB on the same LAN?

There is a suggestion from Polycom to check the switch settings perhaps.
Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the Information.

Yes, it seems to be very similar.

RMX and SFB are in the same VLAN with the same IP-Network.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Marc - did you make any progress you side with this? Thanks

Message 5 of 5