Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our current setup consists of Polycom end points that communicate effectively across our secure WAN.  The communication is direct end-point to end-point, we have no Polycom infrastructure equipment in place.

I have two new issues that I'm trying to resolve and I'm wondering if a bridge device would help.  1) Field workers are able to communicate w/ either endpoint using an iPad and RealPresence Mobile, but the communication is not encrypted and I need it to be.  2) Outside entities using Cisco Telepresence equipment are not able to communicate with our Polycom end-points.

What equipment would we need to purchase to solve these two problems?  RMX 1500?

Thank you,

David

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

We would love to sell you an MCU, but I don't think it is needed to solve your issues. 

1) For external callers not using media encryption, does the internal endpoints have the setting encrypt when available? You could always set the endpoint to Encrypt Always. You did notmention if the calls are H323 or SIP. If they are SIP, there is a setting in the RPD/M for the transport protocol for SIP. It should be set to TCP. I don't believe you can do TLS with UDP. 

2) cisco Telepresence and Polycom endpoints. I would open a Cisco TAC case to see why this is call is not conecting. Typically we have issues with H264/H263. So there may be some setting on the Cisco side to make this happen. 

GL,

S.

HP Recommended

You need to bring cisco teleprence key from polycom to fix second issue.

BR

Yash Pal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.