Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Zooming opposite members when in meetingroom

Occasional Advisor

Zooming opposite members when in meetingroom

Hi,

setup : RMX, 3 x HDX

I received the following question.  When all endpoints are dialed into a virtual meetingroom on the RMX, is it possible from one endpoint to remote have the camera zoom another endpoint (assuming remote zoom is allowed)?

More detailed :

endpoint A

endpoint B

endpoint C

all dialed into virtual meetingroom 805555.  User on endpoint A wants to have the camera on endpoint B pan or zoom. He/she takes the remote, and uses the far button and +/- buttons to zoom on endpoint B?

I know it works when makeing a point-to-point connection.  But in a virtual meetingroom?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Zooming opposite members when in meetingroom

I also would like an answer on this.

Message 2 of 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Zooming opposite members when in meetingroom

Colleagues,

De jure RMX allows to take control of far cameras, for further details take a look at RMX Admin's Guide and search for 'FECC' (Far End Camera Control).

De facto I had never seen using this feature during real sessions:

- this can't be recommended for ethical reason

- this is enough complex action for the casual user

If it is necessary we usually advice  to use the end point web interface for camera control.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 3 of 3