Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

We have an issue: there is no audio when calling from QDX 6000 (v4.0.3/v4.0.2) to RMX 2000 (v 7.8.0) while QDX 6000 is setup in "advanced mode". If we specify "basic mode" on QDX 6000, the audio exists but the quality of video/audio is insufficient. Moreover, "basic mode" does not support some good features like content sharing, remote camera control etc.

Virtual room works good. If we call RMX 2000 from HDX 8000 - works perfectly.

Could you please advise?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear Anton,

Basic mode is used on an endpoint to determine if it is able to establish calls and is usually used for diagnostic purposes.

What profile are you using on your RMX for establishing the call?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Dear Dgaran,

Thank you for you reply.

Not sure if I understand your question correctly but I'll try to answer:

Video: H264/4CIF

Audio: G719Stereo

What is interesting, I donwloaded Polycom RealPresence Desktop and tries to connected to the same server: I saw absolutelly the same picture: good video but NO audio. The same G719 codec was used

Wha is more interesting, I go to settings of RealPresence Desktop Settings -> Call Rate -> Select the call Rate and set 354. After that, I've started to hear everything in my RealPresence Desktop. So the audio starts working. By this change, the codec is set automatically to G722.

Can it be that the specific 719 codec does not work on the server?

HP Recommended

Dear Anton,

What kind of media card do you have installed in your RMX?

After looking through the Administrators Guide for the RMX, I've noticed the following statement concerning the G.719 codec:

"Siren 22, G.719 and Siren 22Stereo are supported with MPM+ and MPMx cards."

You can check this by logging into the RMX's Manager (either web or local manager) and navigate to the RMX Management -> Hardware Monitor. You should be able to see the MPM card type appear.

I've attached a screenshot for reference purposes.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Dear Dgaran,

It has MPM+ Card.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Anton 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.