Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i was wondering, can you actually register HDX or VSX devices through a VBP ST?  Reason i'm asking is that i have a bunch of those throughout the world, where it actually makes no sense to hook them up through expensive lines to the HQ.  But the disadvantage is that - as they're available as guests - i'm not able to get the usage statistics.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

yes you can,VBP itself a gk you can register limited devices  over there,put the VBP in embedded gk mode

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended
Hi, you can all relevant Information's in the Guide: http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/network/v2iu_5300S_us... It is possible to register the Endpoints to VBP-ST and so they will be like internal endpoints available. Regards, Alex
HP Recommended

VBP-ST is there to enable outside users to register to a full GK like CMA Server GK.  The Embedded GK in a VBP-E is insufficient to allow external VBP-ST users to register to it.

The usual usage scenario is Central CMA-Server with GK, VBP-E for internal clients to dail out IP & untrusted external clients to dial in via VBP-E Ext IP##Internal end point E.164 (issued & resolved by the CMA GK)  Once you have a CMA-GK you don't need the VBP-E Embedded GK..

External TRUSTED clients register to the CMA GK via the VBP-ST public IP address & can dial Trusted internal & external clients via their E.164 addresses only.  Clearly, since Trusted Clents are effectively regiastered to the trusted CMA GK all trusted clients can call all other trusted clients by E,164 # only.

Untrusted external clinets can call trusted external clients in the same way they call internal trusted clients.

Sorry, that was long winded.  Try a PP Pres.  Only a couple of slides.

🙂

Pete

HP Recommended

How the public ip user can get his end point reister??could you let me know the some technical steps to get it register??

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

@YashPal,

Petet has already attached a Power Point presentation containing some information / scenarios and what is supported and what is not supported in the different scenarios.

In addition TWerle and myself have replied to you => here <=

Polycom does offer the relevant documentation on our support page but you may want to utilize your reseller for support or purchase Polycom professional services if you struggle to implement this yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@steffen

I am aware with the attached scerio but i am looking for the technical support for the steps to get it done

Polycom officalls not responding over the same.

looking a +ve response from your end

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hello YasPal,

if you require Support then you need to raise a support Ticket via your Reseller or purchase Polycom professional services.

The Community is not a support forum as outlined => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

we are itself a resaller but no one from  polycom is giving a positive respone.we are at client location.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hello YashPal,

I am unsure about your comment in regards Polycom not responding to yourself.

If you raise a ticket with Polycom support (you may have to pay for this if there is no Support Contract or Outside Warranty) then the relevant Support Team in the geographical area you are in will work with you on this.

EDIT: If you done this already please provide me with the Polycom Ticket Number

You can in addition book a Polycom representative via Polycom professional Services that will install the solution for you.

Other community members and myself have already provided you with information and official Polycom documentation that should suffice.

If you still seek to do this without using the officially supported methods you will need to wait for other community members to comment or talk your through this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.