Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Subscribing to forum posts

Frequent Advisor

Subscribing to forum posts

Message contains an image

(Hi if this post belongs somewhere else please feel free to move it)

I have enabled the option on the Community forum to auto-subscribe to any posts that I create or reply-to.  But this seems to not work and I still have to remember to manually subscribe if I want notification for replies.  Is this a problem with the forum software?  See below, I have the feature enabled in my profile:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Advisor

Re: Subscribing to forum posts

Thanks for moving my topic to the right place -- now then, how about a reply to the question?  Are subscription preferences  broken??

Message 2 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Luckman,

a Moderator (me) has moved the Post.

A Administrator will get back to you.

Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Let me submit a bug report to our communit platform provider to investigate. Will get back to you as soon as we have a reply from them.  Thanks again.

Polycom - Unleash the Power of Human Collaboration
Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

Hello again,

Here if the info from our community platform provider, please see if this helps or not.  Thanks!

The issue here is the user has the "Ignore posts I have already read" checked, and the "Notify me for my own posts and replies" option unchecked.

The user can resolve this by going into their subscription settings and UNCHECKING the "Ignore posts I have already read" option, and CHECKING the "Notify me for my own posts and replies" option. That way, they'll receive notifications even if they've read the thread or responded to the topic.

Polycom - Unleash the Power of Human Collaboration
Message 5 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Ok, I will try that & let you know.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6