Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Desktop Hub Software disables laptop bluetooth mouse and keyboard

XJW
Occasional Visitor

Desktop Hub Software disables laptop bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Savi 8210 UC.  Dell Laptop with Bluetooth dongle and Bluetooth mouse and Keyboard.  I installed the Desktop Hub software and it disabled my Bluetooth dongle and attached Mouse and Keyboard.  Why ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bhupender
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Desktop Hub Software disables laptop bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Hello @XJW  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. 

This is very unlikely, and not a known issue. HUB is like any other software on your operating system and it has no way to interfere with Bluetooth devices. It specifically looks for Poly headsets via USB connections when you use HUB. Pleas try the basic troubleshooting for Bluetooth accessories as advised by Dell support link:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000132534/guide-for-pairing-and-troubleshooting-dell-blueto...

You can also look for 2nd link below which also suggests some useful tips:

https://www.systweak.com/blogs/how-to-resolve-dell-wireless-keyboard-mouse-not-working-problem/

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Bhupender

Best Regards,
Bhupender Thakur

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

Message 2 of 4
XJW
Occasional Visitor

Hmmmm.

I have provided screenshots showing before and after application of the hub software. 

I have reproduced the defect multiple times.

Message 3 of 4
bhupender
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Hello @XJW,

This needs to be investigated further but it will always be good idea to connect with your PC vendor to see if they can eliminate/identify any PC driver or OS settings to fix the issue. Because it seems like an isolated issue at the moment and we are not aware of any such issues being reported by other users however you are welcome to raise it further.

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Poly employee. Please raise a ticket with Poly Technical Support.

You will need to provide the following:

• Provide HUB verbose logs (if reproducible)
• Video of issue if possible as it will help visualize the issue.
• -Serial number or firmware version of headset/speaker/USB dongle when issue is noticed.
• Softphone version in use.

• Make and model of your PC and its OS version in use.

Best regards

Bhupender

Best Regards,
Bhupender Thakur

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

Message 4 of 4