Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

4040+KWS300+Echo problem

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

4040+KWS300+Echo problem

Hi,

Currently using a KWS300 (PCS12 firmware) with 2x 4040 handsets.

When calling the remote party, the remote party hears echoing themselves with a few ms delay.

When exchanging the 4040 handsets for 5020 handsets the echo dissapears.

Also switching de KWS300 for a KWS600v3 and using the 4040 handsets again makes the echo (far end) dissapear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

/Mirko

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: 4040+KWS300+Echo problem

I also did some extra tests to try to solve this problem:

tested with 2x KWS300 PCS12 units

De far end echo is noticable when making calls internally (internal numbers)  from and to another KWS300 + 4040 handset, Grandstream 2000 or any other call to external fixed or mobile number.

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via KPN ADSL using internal 3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via Ziggo Cable using internal 3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via LAN with internal  3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via KPN ADSL with external VoIP provider (CallVoIP)

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via Ziggo Cable with external VoIP provider (CallVoIP)

X (far echo) stays while changing KWS300 zoals codec priority U->A and upgrade firmware from PCS10 to PCS12

- (far echo) gets less while lowering handset volume from 4040  handset or changing mic gain from 8 to 0 using servicetool with  programming kit but never dissapears.

V (far echo) dissapears while using 5020 handset with KWS300 or a 4040 handset with a KWS600v3

Far echo never happens  between Grandstreams or analoge phones via Linksys ATA from Lan or Internet using internal phones or externals phones.

Please help......

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Mirko,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I had a quick discussion with one of our DECT Distributors earlier and we spoke about this post.

As far as he can remember it is pretty simple.

The KWS600v3 has a build in Echo Canceller

The 50xx Series has a build in Echo Canceller

The KWS300 does not have a build in Echo Canceller

The 40xx Series does not have a build in Echo Canceller

I would suggest you work with your KIRK Distributor to get this raised via Polycom KIRK support to confirm this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Steffen, thanks for your reply.

My problem is though that I bought the hardware through a large German hardwareVOIP  supplier which only gave me the option to send the hardware back to them and have it RMAed to Polycom. Which I think is not the best solution since it can be tested with every KWS300 and a 4040 handset. At least i did so with 3 different KWS300 and 9 x 4040 and was able to reproduce this problem.

My Dutch supplier does not want to help since I did not follow a training for Polycom products with them.

I called Polycom German Support this morning and send them an email hoping that they are willing further to investigate.

Kind regards.

/Mirko 

Message 4 of 4