Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

4040+KWS300+Echo problem

Occasional Visitor

4040+KWS300+Echo problem

Hi,

Currently using a KWS300 (PCS12 firmware) with 2x 4040 handsets.

When calling the remote party, the remote party hears echoing themselves with a few ms delay.

When exchanging the 4040 handsets for 5020 handsets the echo dissapears.

Also switching de KWS300 for a KWS600v3 and using the 4040 handsets again makes the echo (far end) dissapear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

/Mirko

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Visitor

Re: 4040+KWS300+Echo problem

I also did some extra tests to try to solve this problem:

tested with 2x KWS300 PCS12 units

De far end echo is noticable when making calls internally (internal numbers)  from and to another KWS300 + 4040 handset, Grandstream 2000 or any other call to external fixed or mobile number.

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via KPN ADSL using internal 3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via Ziggo Cable using internal 3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via LAN with internal  3CX PABX V10

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via KPN ADSL with external VoIP provider (CallVoIP)

X (far echo) KWS300 + 4040 handset via Ziggo Cable with external VoIP provider (CallVoIP)

X (far echo) stays while changing KWS300 zoals codec priority U->A and upgrade firmware from PCS10 to PCS12

- (far echo) gets less while lowering handset volume from 4040  handset or changing mic gain from 8 to 0 using servicetool with  programming kit but never dissapears.

V (far echo) dissapears while using 5020 handset with KWS300 or a 4040 handset with a KWS600v3

Far echo never happens  between Grandstreams or analoge phones via Linksys ATA from Lan or Internet using internal phones or externals phones.

Please help......

Message 2 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Mirko,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I had a quick discussion with one of our DECT Distributors earlier and we spoke about this post.

As far as he can remember it is pretty simple.

The KWS600v3 has a build in Echo Canceller

The 50xx Series has a build in Echo Canceller

The KWS300 does not have a build in Echo Canceller

The 40xx Series does not have a build in Echo Canceller

I would suggest you work with your KIRK Distributor to get this raised via Polycom KIRK support to confirm this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 4
Visitor

Hi Steffen, thanks for your reply.

My problem is though that I bought the hardware through a large German hardwareVOIP  supplier which only gave me the option to send the hardware back to them and have it RMAed to Polycom. Which I think is not the best solution since it can be tested with every KWS300 and a 4040 handset. At least i did so with 3 different KWS300 and 9 x 4040 and was able to reproduce this problem.

My Dutch supplier does not want to help since I did not follow a training for Polycom products with them.

I called Polycom German Support this morning and send them an email hoping that they are willing further to investigate.

Kind regards.

/Mirko 

Message 4 of 4