Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

5020 Handset firmware compatibility and remote update

Occasional Visitor

5020 Handset firmware compatibility and remote update

Hello

I have 32 sites where we have deployed KWS6000 and IP Base Station 12 - along with ten 5020 handsets.  We are going through a review of fireware and while the KWS6000 and Base Stations are all fairly up to date (PCS 12), the handsets have never been updated. 

I have some handsets in my lab - which are likely the oldest models we have.  They have firmware version PCS08Ea.  I would like to update all of my KWS and Base stations to the latest rev of firmware, but I cannot tell if this will bring the handsets into an area of incompatibility.

Is there a compatibility matrix for handsets/KWS/Base station?

The next concern is related to updating the handsets - if necessary.  From what I have been able to make out - the only way to upgrade the firmware of the 5020 handsets is with a special docking station.  Along with one of two software packages designed to work on a computer.

My challenge is none of these phones were deployed with this docking station.  And the sites are retail sites, where we do not have any dedicated IT personnel that would be able to updates these.

Is there any way to upgrade the firmware of the handsets remotely?

Thanks in advance

Jeff Schlesser

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 5020 Handset firmware compatibility and remote update

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware there are no incompatibility's between Handset's and Base Stations.

New Features or Fixes have been released but the handset, if no issues are reported, does not automatically need to be on the same software level.

I am not aware that a functionality has yet been added to remotely upgrade the software.

Please work with your Polycom reseller for further support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2