Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

600v3 looses its IP address

Occasional Contributor

600v3 looses its IP address

For several weeks now, a recent 600v3 base station now and then looses its IP address though this address is fixed.

When this happens, of course, communications cannot be established anymore.

It happened once again yesterday.

Within mygiven timeframe, I could not guess the IP address the station was using when it lost it connectivy with server.

So I had to reboot the base station and I could check its config using its nominal IP address.

This base station is loaded with latest firmware and radio software.

1. Which hardware failure would explain such issues ?

2. As this station is PoE powered, 'm also suspecting the PoE switch may momentarily fail to deliver requested power.

How much power a 20 users loaded 600v3 is drawing ?

3. Suggestions ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Advisor

Re: 600v3 looses its IP address

What makes you think that it "loses" its IP address?  It could just be unreachable on the network for some reason?

Message 2 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Olivier,

what Software Version are you running as the KWS600v3 has received some Updates recentely. In addition the Log's may contain some Information.

The PoE advertises to the Switch it's needs and your Switches Logs would show if the KWS600v3 would utilize to much.

Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 6
Occasional Contributor

Calling it "loose its IP address" may be misleading.

What I could positively observed is that :

- the 600v3 LED is lighted green

- the switch port LED is also "green"

Once, without touching anything I could ping the base station (it then used a default address), connect it to it and check its status and logs : everything seemed to be normal except this ETH0 address which was then changed to another value.

Changing this address back restored the service (without changing anything in the switch config or status).

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Message 5 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

The one you are using is donkey's old.

I have upgraded over 300+ Base Stations with the latest one without issues

Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 6 of 6