Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Cannot update firmware

Occasional Contributor

Cannot update firmware

I've got the Firmware update tool v 1.0.1.9, and the firmware we believe will work best for high noise environments. Using the USB base, including all polycom cables, we are unable to connect to COM4, which is were the USB serial port is configured. COM4 in the connection box says '(possible KIRK device)', but 'Test Connection' results in failure (connection failed, could not read from device). Any tidbits of information that will lead us to success? Windows 7, 32bit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Cannot update firmware

Hello plaurent,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can I assume that you have turned the Handset off and follow the on screen messages for the Update?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Yes sir. I followed the instructions implicitly. I have the same issues with the Handset Management software as well. Neither works. I've tried several laptops as well, just to ensure that it wasn't some sort of weird hardware issue. My reseller seems to have very little experience with the KIRK product, and so I'm left with not a lot of help. Wish I could buy a support contract directly from Polycom.

Meanwhile, the update issue with the 6020 series is a real pain, as it is preventing us from using firmware that seems to perform better in high noise environments.

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello,

looking at the Polycom Portal I can see that the 50xx and 60/70xx Handset Tool is actually 1.1.0.11 and the Handset Management Program 1.2.0.17

Have you tried the online Update tool => here <= (unsure if you require a Polycom Account to access) as I just tested this from home and flashed both my 5040 and 5020 under Windows 7 without any issue.

Maybe contact me with a private mail and provide your details and some serials so I can organize KIRK Support to contact you directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, the online tool produced the same error. I have sent you a Private Message with my contact information.

Message 5 of 5