Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Cluster setup on the IP6000 Server

TecNo
Occasional Contributor

Cluster setup on the IP6000 Server

I have an IP 6000 server and a Media Resource server up and running in one of our buildings. When I first configured it I did not configure a clusters. All the DECT phones are working fine.

Now I am being asked to roll out other bases in another network attached building in town. I went to my Configuration and Deployment material but there is nothing but a brief description of what a cluster is. There are no detailed configuration notes on how to set up a cluster and how to configure the bases and so forth. I have several questions if anyone out there may know how to proceed.

First, is there any detailed configuration notes on how to set up separate cluster nodes for different base masters.

Second, in my current configuration the cluster section is blank. Does anyone know if I create a new cluster do I have to create two clusters? One for my current configuration and one for the new location? If so how is it identified to the bases where they belong?

I have not done any exploration on the cluster section since I do not want to bring down a working system since I do not have any  instructional material.

Any material or detailed instructions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Cluster setup on the IP6000 Server

Hello TecNo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to use the Forum Search.

The answer to a similar query can be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
TecNo
Occasional Contributor

Steffen,

Thank you for your reply. I do want to say that I conducted a search before posting and I did find the post you hyperlinked to. The problem is that post only mentions what a cluster is. There is no information on a process of how it is configured. This is the excerpt:

"If you have multiple sites connected with their IP Base Stations to a central KWS6000 you can create Clusters and assign individual Base Stations / Media Resources to these clusters."

This does not help me. I need to know how to proceed on an existing install that has no cluster settings. How to assign the bases and whether to build a cluster for the current configuration.

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi,

usually when assigning a cluster you can group certain base stations together or assign a local media resource to a local installation in order to prevent traffic having to cross the lan.

For more Information please contact your Polycom KIRK reseller and/or contact Polycom KIRK support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4