Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Connection Errors Between Base Station and KIRK 6000 Server

Occasional Visitor

Connection Errors Between Base Station and KIRK 6000 Server

Hello All - New Customer here working the KIRK 6000 solution for a customer of ours. We have the 6000 Server along with Base Station(s). I'm currently just trying to get one base station > server > handest to work.

- Both are accessible via IP on our private network

- We are using the firmware shipped to us for both devices (Server = PCS12D and Base = PCS13A)

- Server registers all necessary extensions with our SIP Registrar

- Base Station is programmed to connect to the Server (within Configuration > Base Station > Wireless Server Host)

- Base Station logs show the following errors (info) over and over:

- Connecting to KGAP[0] host:10.105.22.250

- Connected to KGAP[0] host:10.105.22.250

- Shutdown connection to KGAP[0] host:10.105.22.250

- Server shows the follwing errors over and over:

- RfpNo:65535 Expected message type 0x00, got 0x1000

- I have factory reset the base station and re-programmed but no success

Any ideas as to why the base station cannot connect to the server based on the above information? Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Connection Errors Between Base Station and KIRK 6000 Server

Hello J0nnys,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware of the following change => here <= that describes the Support structure for SpectraLink / KIRK products.

The Base Station and the Server need to run on the same Software level. You will need to download a new matching Software or they will be unable to communicate.

The best way forward would be to liaise with your SpectraLink KIRK reseller to raise a ticket with SpectraLink KIRK support to get access to the download section.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Connection Errors Between Base Station and KIRK 6000 Server

Thank you for the quick feedback. Firmware it is then. Thank you and I'll be opening a support call on Monday with Spectralink to resolve the issue. Thank you!

John

Message 3 of 3