Connection Timeout

Occasional Visitor

Connection Timeout

Hi Folks,

I am getting the following errors in the syslog of our KWS6000

RfpNo:11 Read on socket 59 failed: Connection timed out

Resulting in the base station rebooting at irregular times during the day

I am also getting the following eoors for the handsets (6020)

Abnormal call release [code:f - Unknown release reason] from PPid:23 UserName:xxxxx in state 2

When I look in the Abnormal releases Statistics it give a reason of.......Unknown release reason (0xe20f)

I cannot find any information on these errors and why they are occuring.

any advise and help would be welcome

Regards

Con

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Connection Timeout

Hello Con,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always a good practice to detail the current Software of the KWS, the Base Station or the the Handset so others or even yourself can check the software release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have approximately the same problem

The log says:

69   09-11-2012 12:25:15.636  notice  Abnormal call release [code:f - Unknown release reason] from PPid:1 UserName:XXXXX in state 3
70  17-11-2012 16:55:01.927  notice  Abnormal call release [code:f - Unknown release reason] from PPid:1 UserName:XXXXX in state 2

75  05-12-2012 11:08:47.147  warning KGAP Admin 1.11.0 (33278): IOHandler 'Httpd accept handler' used 3654ms.
76  05-12-2012 11:08:47.147  warning KGAP Admin 1.11.0 (33278): HandleIO used 3655ms [1 I/O events].

While the Statistics on Abnormal call releases says:

21-11-2012 11:44:57  1  0 Unknown release reason (0xe20f)
03-12-2012 15:12:58 1 0 Timer expired (0xe20d)

All these messages are in plenty.

We are using KWS 300:

Firmware
PartNo:14188000
PCS:PCS10__
Build:33278

and 4020 handset

/Tony

/Tony
Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Tony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The latest KWS300 firmware at present is 12D.

I would suggest to work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

The previous poster has unfortunately not updated this topic.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have upgraded the KWS 300 and waiting to see if the problem reoccurs.

/Tony

/Tony
Message 5 of 5