Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Decibel controls for KIRK 4040 Handsets

Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Decibel controls for KIRK 4040 Handsets

We receieved the below query via the inquiries helpline:

We currently use Polycom Kirk 4040 handsets in a manufacturing environment. Some of my users are complaining that the phones cannot be heard above machinery noise. 

My question is, are all Polycom Kirk phones set with the same maximum decibel on the volume controls?

Look forward to your response.

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Decibel controls for KIRK 4040 Handsets

Hello Marketing FM,

is your Customer referring to the Ringer Volume or the actual Headset Microphone/Headset Loudspeaker/Earphone Attenuation ?

I would recommend to raise this with the Polycom DECT Support Team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Thanks Steffen - reading between the lines, it looks like the customer is referring to the ringer volume. I'll pass on your recommendation to contact support. Thanks for your advice!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Hi Marketing FM,

@MarketingFM wrote:

We currently use Polycom Kirk 4040 handsets in a manufacturing environment. Some of my users are complaining that the phones cannot be heard above machinery noise. 

Polycom has the KIRK 60-Handset Series, which is designed specially for manufacturing environments. These have  a headset jack with amplifier for industrial headsets. Using this no calls, messages or alarms should be missed due to machine noises.

More information can be found here.

Kind regards,

Sofia Rasmussen

KIRK Marketing

Message 4 of 4