Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Gigaset and KWS300

Voxsys
Occasional Contributor

Gigaset and KWS300

My name is Gil Campos, and i'm writing you with following question, do you have any problems connecting E49H with Polycom KWS300?

I've got the following scenario, 4x SL37H and 4x E49H, the SL are working fine but the E49H don't work as fine as the SL. Sometimes it looses the Base Registration for some seconds (sometimes 20s or 30s) and then registers. In time to time, it takes a little longer. They are configured the same way. And also tried to reset and configured all again, and the result is the same,

Do you have any ideas why?  or do you have any cases like this?
If you need more info, please just ask,

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Re: Gigaset and KWS300

In general it is hard to support other manufacturers handsets.  Polycom KIRK do support GAP but this is not the full story for DECT and there are various proprietary features used by different manufacturers.

We have done tests with various Gigaset handsets over the years and found similar results and inconsistencies. 

We have done these tests when a end customer has a large base of gigaset handsets but needs the Polycom infrastructure.

In these scenarios we have adopted the policy (because of the sorts of issues you describe) to test and only support specific models of Gigaset with an associated software version on the handsets and all new handsets have to be KIRK handsets.

Today the range of KIRK handsets is exceptional and there is really no good reason to use other handsets other than the above scenario from my personal perspective.  Your Polycom reseller should be able to help with this decision process.

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 2 of 4
swarog
Occasional Visitor

"...only support specific models of Gigaset with an associated software version on the handsets..."

there on can find a list of supported models?

"...really no good reason to use other handsets..."

there is at least one, for instance,we have decided to migrate from siemens+avaya to kirk and  bought kws300 to make a test. At moment we have a stock of Gigaset AS18H hansets which are working fine with both avaya and siemens, but with kws300 handsets cannot even register.

Message 3 of 4
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Yep that is a good reason...

I would work with your supplier on this they should be able to look at this in more detail on this.

One thing you could look at is the logs on the KWS300 to see if a reason to reject the subscription is given?

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 4 of 4