How to understand event?

epasqualotto
Occasional Contributor

How to understand event?

Dear all, I found on  my event a log of these message:

Error0x00050003Major RTPWrong Payload Type received

Error0x00031001Indeterminate DECT

QoS low - Radio muted 8 times

On my system I have a lot of abnormal call release and call disconnected and I'm trying to debug it.

Anyone can help or point me to a documentation of this event?

System: KWS 600v3 skinny

Version: 7.00 hotfix18 IP1200[70300.30], Bootcode[7030030], Hardware[30]

Firmware: 14125500 PCS05Ag

Thanks

Enrico.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to understand event?

Hello Enrico,

I had replied to two of your previous post before and you never updated any of the previous post's or marked as a fixed solution.

The community is not a replacement for the Polycom support structure and without feedback other users are not aware if any advise given has actually fixed an issue or not.

Please ensure to follow up and work with the support team to get answers to you latest query.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
epasqualotto
Occasional Contributor

The problem still the same of my other posts but now after upgrade I have some more descriptions of error/event.

Where's better place than community for exchanging error log and understand the cause.

A description of log must be on the docs but there isn't.

Enrico.

Message 3 of 5
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Hi Enrico

I think what Stefan is trying to say is the level of the issue you have is too complex for a forum discussion and the best way to solve your issues is via support from your Reseller or Direct support from Polycom.

Just to give you some insight..

The RTP payload error - points to an issue with a RTP stream however this log entry just points us in the right direction it does not give you the full story of the issue. What needs to happen is a some lower level analysis of the issue beyond the log entries. E.g. packet capture analysis, system configuration setup both the DECT and Call Handler etc....

You could think of these log entries a bit like this analogy.

The bell on your front door is rung.  You can not tell who is at the door, whether they are still there or what they want unless you go to the door to find out.  The log entries tell us some one has presses the bell and the log entries can tell us no more than that and what needs to happen is lower level analysis - we need to open the door and see what we find.

Hope this explains a little more about why this forum can't really cope with this level of analysis.

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

@epasqualotto wrote:

The problem still the same of my other posts but now after upgrade I have some more descriptions of error/event.

Where's better place than community for exchanging error log and understand the cause.

A description of log must be on the docs but there isn't.

Enrico.

Enrico,

you posted => here <= and I followed up internally and could see that my reply in this post fixed your issue but you still did not update the community post to let other users know.

This is not how a community forum works and as Dave already explained you will need to contact your reseller in order to raise a support ticket.

The community is not a place where you get free support if you are not trained on a complex product.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5