Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Integrating the Kirk Server with Rauland Nurse Call systems

Regular Visitor

Integrating the Kirk Server with Rauland Nurse Call systems

We install Rauland nurse call light systems along with phone systems.  We just recently started to sell Polycom Kirk systems.  My question is it possible and , if so, how would you integrate the Kirk 2500 server with the Rauland Responder 4000 nurse call system? 

The Rauland system sends out a TAP message anytime a button is pressed from a patient room.  This, with other systems that we have installed, is translated by some sort of middle ware that sends the TAP message to a phone system with a dial string attached that is used to dial back into the patient's room's nurse call device for audio. 

Any information is much appreciated.

Andy Newman

Technology Contracting

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Integrating the Kirk Server with Rauland Nurse Call systems

Hello Andy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you check this 3rd Party API Document => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Hi Andy

In short yes there are a number of 3rd Party Applications/gateways that will provide these features.

Check with your Distributor / Reseller on appropriate devices they will have suitable relationships in this area.

You should test the feature set to ensure that things like alert tones, zones and message text are presented well.

David

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 3 of 6
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much. I will check these out.

Andy

Message 4 of 6
Regular Visitor

I really do appreciate the responses so far, but I am still having trouble just finding a make and model number of a product(s) that will do this for me.  In the documents that I have read through just keep talking about 3rd party products, but don't list any examples or approved devices.  If you have any working models out there or suggest a particular type of middleware that you think works the best for this application please let me know.  

Thank you so very much for the help so far, it is much appreciated!

Have a good day!

Andy Newman

Message 5 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Hi Andy

I suggested your reseller of KIRK as a point of contact since they will also be able to provide technical support on a particular product they sell did you ask them?

I suspect your based in the USA ?

If you can confirm your region I'll post products that I might know of that should have the required level of intergration.

You will need to contact the providers to confirm all functionality but at least you'll be 80% there.

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 6 of 6