Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Is Remote-Party-ID supported on KWS6000 with 4020 and 5020 handsets

Occasional Advisor

Is Remote-Party-ID supported on KWS6000 with 4020 and 5020 handsets

Is Remote-Party-ID supported on KWS600 with 4020 and 5020 handsets. I am using Asterisk 1.8. Remote-Party-ID is working on my IP650 and IP550s but not on the 4020 and 5020 handsets.

EDIT BY MOD: Change to the correct KWS Model

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Is Remote-Party-ID supportd on KWS600 with 4020 and 5020 handsets

Hello Alan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Is this a KWs600v3 or a KWS6000?
  • What Software Version are these Units on?

The KWS6000 had the following added/changed in PCS08:

Handset display handling during SIP calls has been improved with respect to displaying other party username and display name.
P-Asserted-Identity or Remote-Party-ID, INVITE and INVITE responses are used to update the handset display with other party username and display name. Specifically, this makes the handset update the display correctly during call transfer and call forwarding on several SIP servers including Cisco Unified Call Manager. Furthermore, this makes the display name of the other party update correctly in connection with group call pickup on a 3CX PBX.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Re: Is Remote-Party-ID supportd on KWS600 with 4020 and 5020 handsets

Steffen It is a KWS6000. It is a new install, about 1 month old but I do not recall the firmware version. I will be on site today and will check. I think it is PCS08, but I am not positive. I can upgrade to PCS09 today if needed.
Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Is Remote-Party-ID supported on KWS6000 with 4020 and 5020 handsets

Hello Alan,

PCS10 is the latest release to my Knowledge and I do not think it depends on the Software Version of the Handset's.

Please work with Polycom Support if you run into any issues and take a trace via the KWS6000 to capture the issue and provide Support with the reproduction Steps.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4