SOLVED
Visitor

KIRK Server 600v3 and SIP Accounts

Hello everyone,

we have a configuration problem with the following unit:

Version: 8.00 hotfix7 IP1200[80500.27], Bootcode[8050027], Hardware[30]

Coder: 10 Channels of G.711,G.726,G.729,G.723

DECT Firmware: 14125500 PCS05Ag

We configurate the DECT Master a SIP Proxy to connect to a local VoIP PBX.

Incoming calls to the Dect handsets work fine. Both sides can hear and speak but on outcoming calls from the handsets both sides can't hear anything.

We would be happy about any kind of help or suggestions to solve this problem ...

I added a PDF to this message with some Screenshots of the configuration.

Many thanks and best regards

Eike

9 REPLIES 9
Frequent Advisor

Re: KIRK Server 600v3 and SIP Accounts

HI Eike

At a guess it sounds like a codec mismatch, firewall RTP ports not being opened or other such issue.

Are you able to post a wireshark trace of the 2 call types and I'll take a look at this. 

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 2 of 10
Visitor

Hi Dave,

many thank for offering me your help.

I did a wireshark trace and found the problem ... you were right it was a problem with the codec.

In the Standard framesize was set to 60ms but my PBX can only work with 30ms ... I changed the value ... know everything is  working fine :-)

Maybe you could answer me another question:

Below the SIP Proxy configuration is a point LDAP Directory Search.

Is this for a global phone book search to on a LDAP Server?

Again many thanks

Eike  

Frequent Advisor

I'm pleased you solved your issue

Re LDAP server for a corporate directory.

I must admit it has been a few years since I looked at a KWS600v3 and was not aware it supported LDAP corporate directories which your screen suggests.

LDAP on the v3 was used to maintain a shared database of user info.  It was used by the bases to see if a handset is authorised to use its resources. 

The KWS6500, 6000, 400, 2500, 8000 all support LDAP phonebooks but your screen suggests it might have been implemented earlier in the product history?   Give it a go - I have attached a doc on how to do this and how to use it on the handset for the KWS6000

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

to my knowledge this is used for internal users only. That part of the Software is from our Partner Innovaphone and we never had an official phone book support.

There was a JAVA MSF demo tool that replicated a phonebook using the MSF functionality browsing a txt file on a hard drive. Above was unfortunately never released to the public.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 10
Visitor

Hi Steffen,

thanks for the information about innovaphone ... I found this on the innovaphone wiki:

http://wiki.innovaphone.com/index.php?title=Reference9:DECT2/Config/Master

LDAP Directory Search: If enabled and a LDAP server is configured, the IP-DECT Master does an LDAP directory look up for incoming calls. Shows up the callers name on the DECT phones. This settings are NOT used for Directory Search for outgoing calls from DECT handsets, instead settings on Reference9:DECT2/Config/Phone Book used for this.

So this seems to be a phonebook for only on direction: incoming calls.

Many thanks

Eike

Message 6 of 10
Visitor

Hi Steffen,

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

There was a JAVA MSF demo tool that replicated a phonebook using the MSF functionality browsing a txt file on a hard drive.

Is it possible to get this demo tool ... sounds very interesting for replicating a phonebook.

Many thanks

Eike

Message 7 of 10

Hello Eike,

it was not made public and SpectraLink KIRK are no longer part of Polycom.

If you have someone that can write code you can simply use the MSF functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 8 of 10
Visitor

Hello Steffen,

I think I could write the code my self ... is there an SDK avaible? How can I get it?

Many thanks

Eike

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted

Hello Eike,

I would suggest your contact SpectraLink KIRK support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 10 of 10