Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KIRK Wireless Server 6000 and Lync Federated calls fails

Beni
Occasional Contributor

KIRK Wireless Server 6000 and Lync Federated calls fails

Hi all

Has anybody testet the KIRK Wireless Server 6000 with Lync and Lync Federation?

All Internal Lync Calls work but not calls come through Federation. The call wont connect.

Between Edge and WS6000 is no Firewall.

SW

PartNo14166200
PCSPCS10__
Build33269

Anybody an idea??

cheers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KIRK Wireless Server 6000 and Lync Federated calls fails

Hello Beni,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Form the Kirk PCS12BC Release notes:

Microsoft Lync interoperability has been significantly enhanced with a lot of new features added. Microsoft Lync ICE/STUN/TURN. The Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Extensions protocol is used to establish media flow between two endpoints, even if separated by NATs/firewalls. ICE provides a mechanism to assist media in traversing NATs without requiring the endpoints to be aware of their network topologies. ICE assists by identifying one or more transport addresses, which the two endpoints can potentially use to communicate and ICE determines which transport address is best for both endpoints to use for their media session. With support for this protocol suite the KIRK Wireless Server now supports calls between federated users in a Lync setup.

I suggest you contact your Polycom KIRK Reseller to request the latest Software Version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Beni
Occasional Contributor

Updated to the new SW PCS12BC but issues still exits...

No Media flow for Federated Calls...

Any other Ideas?

Message 3 of 5
Beni
Occasional Contributor

Issues solved.... Another reboot of the WS6000 made it work...

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Beni,

could you be so kind and mark it as a fixed solution so other users can profit from this?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5