Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KIRK detc-z-System 1500 and Asterisk

jamacuco
Occasional Visitor

KIRK detc-z-System 1500 and Asterisk

Hi all,

first of all excuse me for my poor english. I have to connect a KIRK detc-z-System 1500 to an Asterisk box and i have no experience with this hardware. How can i made this connection?. Its made using the db25 interfaces of the 1500?. In this case,which hardware you recommend me to install in the Asterisk?. Can i made the connection using the ISND ports?.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KIRK detc-z-System 1500 and Asterisk

Hello jamacuco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The KWS1500 is end of life and no longer supported.

Most likely its an analog Variant and you would need to wire up analog extensions from an Asterisk Server.

There was also an ISDN Version, a H.323 and a Skinny Version.

The matter is to complex to discuss this within the community and if you are really interested try and find a local Polycom KIRK distributor to assist you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Re: KIRK detc-z-System 1500 and Asterisk

Steffan is right this can be a complex matter and hard to cover on a forum.

The KWS1500 is a great system but end of life.  I suspect you have analogue ports on this system already and you are migrating to Asterisk?

I think your best solution (making some assumptions) is to migrate to a KWS8000 or KWS2500 these systems are Asterisk approved (SIP) and can reuse all the existing KWS1500 base stations (assuming base sw levels are right).

If you try and do something with a KWS1500 as it is you will be using a gateway this means investment so your better off buying a new controller instead and reduce the number of parts you need to support and get better integration.

All the best with this project.

David

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 3 of 3