Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KIRK wireless or Spectralink edge server lync compatibility

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

KIRK wireless or Spectralink edge server lync compatibility

Hi all, 

is there any way to use wireless kirk or spectralink, with or without base station, to work from internet using edge server lync , also after a configuration from internal ?

thanks in advance .

Gianluca

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: KIRK wireless or Spectralink edge server lync compatibility

Hi Gianluca

The Kirk Wireless Server 6000, authencates the users using trusted server, as an Trusted Application on the Lync Server

This also means that due to security reasons you can't (Can not) use the devices from outside the internal network.

The only way to make this vork is to use a VPN connection or a tunnel to the internal network, to deploy an external server placement, if you want to place basestations outside you network, externally you need to configure your network so they can reach the Kirk Wireless server from here, But the server needs to be internally in the network, not outside the EDGE server.

Hope this helps explain the matter

Regard

Max Matthäi

Technical product Manager Kirk Products

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Gianluca,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how a Wireless Device (DECT or WiFI) would work without a station to register to?

The Spectralink UCS 4.1.0 Software has not yet publicly released so I am unable to discuss it's features and this being the DECT section would suggest to wait for information to be posted there.

The KWS6000 to my knowledge is the only KIRK Device to support LYNC so  you would need to check for more details => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

thanks for your response , but i'm not very clear on my answer ...

My exact need is to connect kirk base station and KIRK dect  from internet using edge server after i configure it internaly .

thanks 

Gianluca

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Gianluca,

from the KIRK LYNC Guide => here <= :

Supported Features

•  SIP User Authentication via Trusted Server or NTLM
  •  Telephony features:
  •  Call hold
  •  Call transfer
  •  Call forward 
  •  Call waiting
  •  Message Waiting Indication (MWI)
  •  Redial from Call log
  •  Call logs (missed/received/placed calls)
  •  Call completed elsewhere
  •  Ad hoc conferencing - enables users to participate in conference calls
  •  Centralized phone book via Active Directory and LDAP
  •  Supported codecs: G.711, G.726, and G.729AB (codec module required)
  •  SBA - Survival Branch Appliance - enables users to register through the SBA
  •  CAC - Call admission control - protects the network against oversubscription
  •  ICE - Interactive Connectivity Establishment
  •  Media Bypass
  •  Supports federation with users on Microsoft® Office Communication Server 2007 R2 devices
  •  Basic Presence. In the Microsoft® Lync TM

2010 client the presence status of each subscribed KIRK Handset is displayed as either “Available”, “Inactive”, “Away” or “In a call”. Note: An initial log-in to a Lync client with each DECT user is required to activate the presence
functionality of the handset.

For more details please work with your Polycom KIRK reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

sorry for the insistence but, you didn't give me a answer, because if you say me to read the documentation and in the documentation there's not information about connectivity from outside corp ....

if you declare ICE supporting , does not mean ,  external connection support, because it mean that if i use ice to establish a connection to another client it can use ICE candidate, using internaly for example MRAS server that typically are internal interface of Lync edge server, but is not the answer.....

anyway , i try to a ask to our polycom country reseller but if you or our reseller  don't able to answer me , i'm pretty sure that i'll choose another vendor .

Regards

Gianluca

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Hi Gianluca

The Kirk Wireless Server 6000, authencates the users using trusted server, as an Trusted Application on the Lync Server

This also means that due to security reasons you can't (Can not) use the devices from outside the internal network.

The only way to make this vork is to use a VPN connection or a tunnel to the internal network, to deploy an external server placement, if you want to place basestations outside you network, externally you need to configure your network so they can reach the Kirk Wireless server from here, But the server needs to be internally in the network, not outside the EDGE server.

Hope this helps explain the matter

Regard

Max Matthäi

Technical product Manager Kirk Products

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6