Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KWS 8000 and compatible base station

Visitor

KWS 8000 and compatible base station

My customer recently had their KWS 1500 die.  As an alternative my supplier sold me a KWS 8000 and told me that I did not need to replace the base stations or the handsets.  I have since purchase and partially installed the new unit but cannot get a sinlge base station to recognize.  Seems pretty simple to connect, so either I am completely missing something or the base stations are not compatible.  Only intle on the base station is a stcier that says "Kirk Base Station s/w 14077702-05_c"  Please help!  People I bought from are close for the day and I seem to be up a creek.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KWS 8000 and compatible base station

Hello dman_tel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

All KWs2500 and KWS8000 compatible Base stations are listed => here <=

For further clarification you may want to ring the Spectralink support team => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

Hey thanks for the reply Steffen,

I had also found and read that document you referenced but the sw version of my base station is not listed there as a supported hardware.  I did finally get a hold of the Polycom guys in the States and they suggested that I would need to upgrade the firmware in all of the base stations to a newer version.  Problem now is that in order to do that you need a specific programming cable to do this  and of course it is not a stock item and they are telling me its is probably 2 weeks out before I get it.  Kind of ridiculous the supplier doesn't even have one of those cables, so mine and my customers pain continues.  I will let you know if the eventuall upgrade works.  Cheers.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi,

would you be able to post a Phone of the back of the base ?

I am not to familiar with the North American older KIRK solutions and the base may be 2.4Ghz rather than 1.8/1.9 as newer DECT solutions use.

There was a functionality added to the KWS8000 to flash Software via the KWS but I have not touched a KWS in about 2 years so the support guys should know what they advised you.

I bring this post to the attention of the Danish Team as well so they may be able to advise you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4