Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KWS300 One-Way Audio with 2010 Handsets, other phones working fine

kdun
Occasional Visitor

KWS300 One-Way Audio with 2010 Handsets, other phones working fine

Hi,

Fairly new to the whole VoIP thing. Had things working fine until customer asked to place the PBX at his other site. So it's most definately a firewall problem, though I can't figure out what and tried a lot of things already. Perhaps someone with more experience can see right away what goes wrong where.

Site 1 has PDX (Asterisk) behind a firewall with udp ports 5060,10010-20000 forwarded

Site 2 has KWS300 with 2010 handsets behind a  linux iptables firewall accepting and forwarding udp ports 5060,10010-20000.

When calling with one of the 2010 handsets to either an external phone or one of the other extensions (local and external) the 2010 can hear the other end, but the other party can't hear the 2010.

Softphones (X-Lite) and SoundPoint IP 450 phones work fine at the same location. So the firewall rules seem to be ok. What is the KWS300 doing differently? Is there a setting I need to change from default in the KWS300 for this kind of situation?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

kdun

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KWS300 One-Way Audio with 2010 Handsets, other phones working fine

Hello Kdun,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The KIRK Unit has build in wireshark capability so I would run a trace and see what ports are being negotiated and then open the Firewall for the additional range.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
kdun
Occasional Visitor

Re: KWS300 One-Way Audio with 2010 Handsets, other phones working fine

Didn't have time to figure out why the KWS300 didn't work like all the other equipment so i just installed a sip proxy on the firewall server.

Message 3 of 3