Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KWS300 support for csv phonebook

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

KWS300 support for csv phonebook

Hello,

I have a KWS300 and 6040 phones.

Does this unit support the importing of a phonebook or pulling from the provisioning server?

Would open source firmware support it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KWS300 support for csv phonebook

Hello xmel,

Only the KWS6000 supports a CVS or LDAP phonebook.

The Open Source Software is just a distributions of the linux files that have been used to build the KWS300 firmware. The Kirk part of the software is closed source.

You could in theory build yourself a solution using the MSF functionality.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

I'm also very interested in a solution for my KWS 300!
Can you give more informations to use the MSF functionality.

Or is there also a interface for MacOS or Linux to connect over USB to the KIRK phones like your windows software does?

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello octlabs,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The USB Interface uses a generic driver but I am no sure if this can be obtained for any other Operating system than a Windows PC. I suggest to check with your Spectralink Reseller.

The MSF SDK can be obtained from your Reseller as well and comes with several Python or Java demonstration examples. Based on this yourself or a Software Company could develop a CSV based Phonebook.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4