Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

KWS6000

Contributor

KWS6000

Good Afternoon.

On the KWS6000, Does it support the Cisco Skinny?

Do you need 3rd party sip license for  Avaya Ip office connect?

Regards,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: KWS6000

Hello Ruben,

Please be aware of the following => here <=

The SpectraLink KWS6000 product page => here <= holds the KWS6000 Datasheet which shows the supported protocols only as SIP.

The only products that supported Cisco's propitiatory protocol where the KWS1500 and the KWS600v3 both of are end of sale.

Licenses on the KWS6000 are only needed for additional Users ,LYNC, Redundancy etc.

You could utilize a Open Source Asterisk server to transition the propitiatory protocol into an industry standard SIP connection.

Please contact your SpectraLink reseller if you require more information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Good Afternoon Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.

I am just a bit confused about the license.

Our client has a avaya ip office sollution.

If they buy a kws6000 do they need to have a license per handset?

Your help is appreciated.

regards,

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Ruben,

as far as I remember from my KIRK support times the KWS6000 supports 30 Handsets without a license.

Your SpectraLink reseller should be able to provide all relevant answers to your questions.

I am not sure about any SIP extension licensing requirements on your SIP server end.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

HI Rubens

Steffen is right about Skinny these products are out of production - the SIP implementation with CISCO is good.

The IP Office side just uses 3rd party SIP licenses on the Avaya side there are no SIP licenses required on the KWS systems.

It works well with the KWS6000,KWS300, KWS8000 and KWS2500.

There is a user licensing above 30 users

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 5 of 5