Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Kirk Wireless Server 6000 lost connection

Visitor

Kirk Wireless Server 6000 lost connection

Hi,

my Kirk Wireless Server 6000 loses connection about 3-4 times / day.

I verify and there aren't network problem.

All DECT phones obviously lose the connection (about 10 seconds)

these are log information:

2322-02-2012 11:14:44.296errorMR(serial 8406036): Lost connection to KGAP[0] host:192.168.150.150
2422-02-2012 11:14:44.860warningMediaResource 1.5.0 29224: IOHandler 'MR Active' used 564ms.
2522-02-2012 11:14:44.860warningMediaResource 1.5.0 29224: HandleIO used 564ms [1 I/O events].
2622-02-2012 11:14:45.338noticeKGAP 1.8.0 (29224) started

firmaware bug? (PCSPCS07__), other?

Thanks,

Ivan

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Kirk Wireless Server 6000 lost connection

Hello Ivan,

the PCS07 Software is rather old and outdated.

I would suggest you work with your local Polycom KIRK reseller in order to work with Polycom KIRK support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

Ok,

I'll upgrade firmware and I'll give you a feedback,

thanks,
Ivan

Message 3 of 5
Visitor

I contacted my local Polycom reseller. He send me new firmware and release note without upgrade procedure.
(I suppose firmware browse file and update from web configuration page)
I have a doubt about additional licences and users/base stations configurations.
Are Backup and restore compatible with PCS07 and newer firmware version?
Will IP address, security password ecc.. be maintened after upgrade firmware?
Thanks,
Ivan

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Ivan,

you will need both the Software for the KWS6000 and the RFP Base Stations as the protocol between the base station and the KWS6000 has changed.

You should upgrade the Base Stations first (make a note of the IP Addresses!) and then the KWS.

The Release notes explain about compatibility but as far as I am aware there is no license (only for LYNC or Redundancy) and should be backwards compatible but the RFP needs updating / downgrading as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5