Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Kirk Wireless Server 600v3, 503 "Service Unavailable"

Visitor

Kirk Wireless Server 600v3, 503 "Service Unavailable"

Hi,

We have a problem with a Kirk Wireless Server 600v3. We have a system with Asterisk, a KIRK Wireless Server 600v3, a master and two slaves. The registered extensions in kirk are 6xx.

Sometimes, when the call destination is an extension 6xx, Asterisk receives the following message:

[February 28 16:59:24] VERBOSE [17639] logger.c: - Executing [s @ macro-dial: 7] Dial ("SIP/652-000414ad", "SIP/611 | | tr") in new stack
[February 28 16:59:24] VERBOSE [17639] logger.c: - Called 611
[February 28 16:59:36] VERBOSE [1321] logger.c: - Got SIP response 503 "Service Unavailable" back from 10.1.10.5
[February 28 16:59:36] VERBOSE [17639] logger.c: - SIP/611-000414ae is circuit-busy
[February 28 16:59:36] VERBOSE [17639] logger.c: == Everyone is busy / congested at this time (1:0 / 1/0)

In the SIP packet 503 shown:

Q.850 cause 44. Requested circuit / cahnnel not available

The IP 10.1.10.5 is our Kirk Wireless Server 600v3

Some time later, the call is successful. We made tests with two extensions 6xx beside a Kirk with coverage, and sometimes returns this error.

What could be the problem? Any idea? What can we test to find the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Kirk Wireless Server 600v3, 503 "Service Unavailable"

Hello jcasal,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware of the following => here <=

Only briefly looking at the log it seems the time between the invite and the KWS600v3 answering is about 12 seconds which usually points to the handset not being found or out of range.

Being near the base does not automatically guarantee reception as the DECT channels may be disturbed by other DECT devices.

I would ensure that you are running the latest KWS 600v3 Software and for further support work with your SpectraLink Kirk reseller or contact SpectraLink Kirk support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Visitor

Hello Steffen,

First of all, thank you very much for your help and apologies for posting this question here.

You're right, between the INVITE and error are about 12 - 13 seconds. The Kirk can't find the handset extension.

Another person made first installation. He configured the repeaters with consecutive Radio-ID, he didn't follow the Radio-ID listed in the table in the "Installation and Configuration Guide". Could this be the problem? Interferences between repeaters? Maybe this problem happened to someone else.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Message 3 of 7

Hello jcasal,

yes, if the repeaters are not programmed correctly then issues like that can occur as the Handset will not be booked in with a base station and is unaware that there is a call waiting for it.

The time delay is standard and the maximum period the system grants to "look" for the Handset that should ring.

Above link is just a technicality and supposed to inform users and customers that KIRK and SpectraLink are now their own company with their own support.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Visitor

Hello Steffen,

We have configured the numbering of the base stations and repeaters following the numbering in the "Installation and Configuration Guide" but errors 503 "Service Unavailable" still appear.

In theory there is nothing new that can cause inteferencias, and the Kirk Wireless Servers 600v3 are running the latest software. What can we test to find the cause of the problem? Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

Message 5 of 7

Hello jcasal,

there are many factors that can influence a DECT signal.

The deployment guide explains this in detail.

The most important part is to check if you have sufficient radio coverage. This is also explained in the Guide.

Using a KIRK handset and the code *99989* can display the base station used and the ones nearest incl. their signal.

A repeater can have either 2 or 4 channels and you are sharing the radio band with possible other DECT devices like Headset's or baby monitors.

This is to complex to explain within the community as it requires support.

Please work with your SpectraLink KIRK reseller to assist you troubleshooting your site.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 7
Visitor

Hello Steffen,

Thank you very much for your help. We have contacted with our reseller trying to find the problem.

If we find a solution... we'll post here.

Thank you very much again,

Best Regards

Message 7 of 7