Kirk Wireless Server 600v3 Pickup

Occasional Contributor

Kirk Wireless Server 600v3 Pickup

Hello,

i have a problem with the Pickup Feature in the Kirk Wireless Server 600v3. 

As PBX i got a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.0. The protocol what we are using is SIP. 

All is working fine.

But i can't Pickup a call from another Cisco Phone or Kirk Phone what is is the same Pickup Group configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. 

Has anyone done this before and can give me a hint? 

When there is no solution for this, can we switch to SCCP protocol between Kirk and Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.0??? As i see in the interoperability, only 8.0.2 is supported. But can this work with Version 9?

Thanks a lot for any help!!!

Christian

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Kirk Wireless Server 600v3 Pickup

Hello cathore,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware that is not supported.

Cisco uses their protocol SCCP and even if a 3rd Party SIP device is used instead the functionality is not given by the CUCM.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Steffen,

do you think we should give SCCP and CUCM Version 9.0 a try?

Did you know about a firmware that was successfully used to connect to CUCM 9 with SCCP?

Message 3 of 4
Frequent Advisor

Hi

The philosophy around the KIRK controllers is for the PBX to provide the features.

My experience of CUCM is that this feature is not implemented as a feature code under SIP [eg CISCO don't support an inband feature code such as *12 for group pickup]

Under SKINNY KIRK have not implemented this feature into the stack.  I can't see this being implemented into SKINNY either.

So the answer is call pickup is not supported unless it can be supported under SIP on the CUCM and from my experience CISCO have not implemented this as a feature code.

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 4 of 4