Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Lync extension transmission with KWS 6000

t_bormuth
Occasional Visitor

Lync extension transmission with KWS 6000

Hi,

we are using MS Lync 2010 and Polycom KWS 6000 in our environment. Everything is working fine and as expected. The only thing is, that for external calls the caller ID of the Lync user is not transmitted when using the Kirk 5020 handset. If the same user is using the Lync client everything works fine.

As far as I can see, the Lync extension of the user is not arriving at our Media Gateway (Dialogic DMG 2000). Only the SIP address of the user is transmitted. We are using PCS12__.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Thomas

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Lync extension transmission with KWS 6000

Hello Thomas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this only affect the 5020 and have you got other KIRK Handset's that work or is it all calls from the gateway?

If all calls then this is most likely a codec/encryption/media issue and I can only recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller for further support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Max_Kirk_DECT
Polycom Employee

Re: Lync extension transmission with KWS 6000

Hi Thomas

I can inform you that in the Q2 software release (PCS 12Bc), the issue you are referring to should have been fixed

I have taken the text her from the release notes:

• Handle incoming P-Asserted-Identity with only a Tel: URI correctly. Fixes issue with missing calling party number on some Lync PSTN gateways.

I have attached the release note for your review.

If this software PCS12Bc don't fix your problem with missing Caller ID, then please report back to us on Emeadksupport@polycom.com

I can tell you the our Q3 software (PCS 12C) release is coming out in 10 days. 

Kind regards

Max Matthäi

Technical Product Manager - KIRK