Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Multicell with Server600v3 Master and Server6000 as secondary... is it possible?

SOLVED
supporto_itfor
Occasional Contributor

Multicell with Server600v3 Master and Server6000 as secondary... is it possible?

Hi all,

we have a  infrastructure dect multicell based on Server 600v3 (one LDAP-Master, one Sync-Master and many secondaries), so we need to improve our coverage installing more secondaries. Question: Is it possible to use Server6000 as secondary? If yes how? If No.. is it possible to use  Server6000 to create a multicell enviroment? if yes how?

Thanks for answers

Regards

Marco Z.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Re: Multicell with Server600v3 Master and Server6000 as secondary... is it possible?

Hi supporto_itfor

Can Kws6000 be use with a KWS600v3 infrastructure - NO

Can a KWS6000 be used to create a multi cell environment yes - it uses a very similar but much improved architecture to the KWS600v3 setup at a lower cost and with greater features.

At a technical level the manual

David

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Multicell with Server600v3 Master and Server6000 as secondary... is it possible?

Hello Marco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

the KWS600v3 is not compatible with the KWS6000 and it's Base Stations.

The KWS600v3 can be a single cell or with the correct license can be deployed as Multicell.

The KWS300 is a single Cell DECT System

The KWS6000 with its multiple Base Stations is a Multicell system

You can just purchase additional KWS600v3 Base Stations to enlarge your DECT Coverage or completely change your System to a KWS6000.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 9
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Hi supporto_itfor

Can Kws6000 be use with a KWS600v3 infrastructure - NO

Can a KWS6000 be used to create a multi cell environment yes - it uses a very similar but much improved architecture to the KWS600v3 setup at a lower cost and with greater features.

At a technical level the manual

David

icon-plc.co.uk

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
supporto_itfor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen

thanks to reply.

On yours web-site there is this announce:

"The KIRK Wireless Server 600v3 has reached End of Life. Support will no longer be available for this product after 12/31/2014. The KIRK Wireless Server 600v3 has been replaced by the next generation of KIRK Wireless Servers - the KIRK Wireless Server 300 for SMBs and KIRK Wireless Server 6000 for medium to large businesses."

So after dec.2014 how can I maintenance our infrastructure based on Server600v3? We have to change all Server600v3s with new Server6000s?

There are other solutions compatible with 600v3 to save our investment?

Regards

Marco Z.

Message 4 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Marco,

this means that Polycom KIRK will no longer provide any Software Updates / Fixes for this Unit.

This link => here <= explains this standard practice.

Please contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom KIRK Support directly for a more defined explanation of the above message.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 9
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Hi Marco

There are some things your reseller should be able to do to help with the maintainance of your site such as:

a) If it is a simple need for more coverage but no capacity increase (call count) then repeaters might be used.

b) Some resellers/distributors have stocks of KWS600v3 or reconditioned bases.

This is the value of you reseller who should be able to help you with these questions.

David

icon-plc.co.uk
Message 6 of 9
supporto_itfor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks David

we have already tested a solution with repeaters, but it's not enough to our necessities.

So if i understand the only solution is to buy some Server600v3 (for backup or upgrade) from stocks or reconditioned.

I remain some unhappy to see that a valid product (600v3) is no longer supported and (more critical) thera are no products backwards compatible...

Regrads

Marco Z.

Message 7 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Marco,

Polycom KIRK announced at December 2010 that the KWS600v3 will be a discontinued Product => here <= from July 2011

The Product has been sold since at least 2007 and often key components may be no longer be sourced or other reasons within a company lead to a decision to end of life a product.

You have not been able to purchase the KWS600v3 from Polycom KIRK since July 2011 and your certified Polycom Reseller should be aware of the End of Life Date.

The KWS300 and the KWS6000 replace the KWS600v3 and should be considered for any new Installations.

Older KWS1500 Installations can be replaced by using either the KWS2500 or the KWS8000 protecting the Investment of the Radio Infrastructure.

Unfortunately for KWS600v3 there is no compatible replacement but the investion into the product is guaranteed at least until the announced end of support date.

Please liaise with your Polycom KIRK reseller as this community is not the correct platform to discuss this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 8 of 9
DaveM
Frequent Advisor

Hi Marco

I understand your point about backwards compatibility.

I must say generally ALL Polycom KIRK kit has provided a good backwards compatibility story eg) old KWS1500 bases (almost 20 years old) can be used with new systems (KWS2500 and KWS8000) and ALL handsets can be used with ALL systems.  I know of other manufacturers how have not provided this sort of support.  The KWS600v3 is the exception however there is still support for the KWS600v3 just no new product being produced.

I am sure your reseller should be able to source more KWS600v3 systems for you and if your in the UK feel free to contact us and we can put you in touch with a supply source and help with the planning. 

David

icon-plc.co.uk
Message 9 of 9