Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom kirk server 6000 with ccm 7.1..how to call pick up?

Occasional Contributor

Polycom kirk server 6000 with ccm 7.1..how to call pick up?

Hi to all,

i have a kirk wireless system integrated with a ccm 7.1 but on kirk phone i'm not able to pick up a call even if phone (dect or desk cisco phone) are in tyhe same pick up group.

Any of you can help me in solving my issue?(i tried with off hook plus **3 but it does not work)

Regards,

Alessandro.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom kirk server 6000 with ccm 7.1..how to call pick up?

Hello Allesandro,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check the KWS6000 SIP Interop table => here <=

According to this Group Pickup is not supported.

This is not a limitation on the KWS6000 but rather either a missing feature code on your PABX or the usage of propitiatory SIP Signaling.

The Code mentioned by you sounds like a KWS600v3 code as the KWS600v3 is utilizing Skinny on the CUCM Platform.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Thx for reply,

so you are saying it is not possible have pick up...?

I red the table but i thought it was the possibilty to pick up a call from another group...

There is no code to use?

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Alessandro,

as already explained in => this <= similar case for a KWS300 the Pickup Code must be programmed/be available on the CUCM Side.

Cisco uses a propitiatory SIP Protocol for their Pickup Functionality on this Phone series if they run SIP instead of Skinny and are therefore able to pickup.

Easiest test for you is registering a Softphone (X-lite) to the CUCM and try to pick the call up there. Without a feature code you will be unable to do so.

Please liaise with Cisco on how to do this with a 3rd Party SIP Phone or request this as an enhancement on their end.

An analog Extension would need the same functionality.

This is not a limitation on the KWS side.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4