Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[SPLIT] Multiple KWS300 in same building

Occasional Contributor

[SPLIT] Multiple KWS300 in same building

We have a new system that includes FOUR Kirk 5020's w FOUR KWS300's. 

Our building is large, and they do not reach the far end so I am assuming we need to purchase a repeater... or Four? 

All four Kirks are in the same area, this post has me wondering... can they all run off the same KWS300?  Currently the Xmitters are laying next to each other in the switch room, but we will now mount them IAW this post... but if I can get away with using only one, and buying ONE repeater... we'd be much happier!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [SPLIT] Multiple KWS300 in same building

Hello Techoma,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only advise you to read the KWS300 Deployment guide => here <=

A single KWS300 can register up to 12 Handset's

A single KWS300 can make up to 4 Calls via a SIP Server

A Single KWS300 can use a maximum of 6 Repeaters

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Frequent Advisor

Re: [SPLIT] Multiple KWS300 in same building

Hi Techoma

Steffen is right read the deployment guide its very good.

However for 4 handsets you don't need 4x KWS300 systems just one KWS300 is fine and it sounds like you need some repeaters for the this one KWS300.

Before deploying any repeaters or mounting the KWS300 you will need to perform a survey to determine the best locations for the radio parts (KWS or Repeater) your reseller should be able to help you with this.

ICON - UK SpectraLink Wireless Distributor
icon-plc.co.uk
Message 3 of 3