Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @stev1bp ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As you can hopefully see from the previous posts only the UI section of the dongle combination has been changed.

We are in the process of optimizing this after all your feedback.

If this does not cover your issue please work with our support team. I am not aware of any issues that would stop the dongle to work after the firmware upgrade.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any PC I use that runs MS Teams it just glows purple and nothing happens. No sound at all.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

If this does not cover your issue please work with our support team. I am not aware of any issues that would stop the dongle to work after the firmware upgrade.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have also just upgraded the firmware on my BT600 and encountered this stupid and atrocious behavior. Whoever decided this was smart should lose their job. Poly let's use some common sense here and actually improve your excellent products and not make them worse. A very simply fix would be to have a toggle for Teams flashing in the Plantronics hub. I would like to begin deploying Poly products in my company as we have a need due to Covid19, let's see if you listen to your customers as that will be a major deciding factor.

HP Recommended

This thread should not be marked as solved and should remain open until Poly actually fixes the behavior with a new driver update as they said they would in the following post:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/General-Products/BT600-firmware-1723-constant-blue-purple-flashing/...

HP Recommended

What is the status of the new driver? I'm sure many here are awaiting an update as we are more than halfway through August....

HP Recommended

Hello @tgbanshee ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We already explained the reason for the current change >here< due to our Partner Microsofts Teams certification.

We also outlined >here< that we are looking into a better solution for everyone using this in an environment where the USB dongle's flashing LED may cause some discomfort.

This has to go through our Partner Microsofts certification again and this is where it is at present.

If you are interested to get this officially tracked you would require a support ticket as we cannot do this via the medium of a community forum.

As outlined >here< this is in the release notes so if you only recently upgraded then I would assume you would have read and understood the change.

As this is the official Poly community could I kindly ask you to use a professional tone and not ask for someone to lose their job? Part of this is based on the certification and the LED has no impact on the usability of the actual device.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

We already explained the reason for the current change >here< due to our Partner Microsofts Teams certification.

I previously understood this HOWEVER it does not justify a very poor design decision that has impacted the productivity of many people as has been proven by the 5 page thread on this subject. The world does not revolve around Microsoft, although perhaps Poly's revenue does.

We also outlined >here< that we are looking into a better solution for everyone using this in an environment where the USB dongle's flashing LED may cause some discomfort.

Also previously understood, I am simply giving my input, as many other have, that this was a bad decision and am simply looking for an update on where Poly stands with implementing a change. Nothing more, nothing less.

This has to go through our Partner Microsofts certification again and this is where it is at present.

Also previously understood, no need to rehash it.

If you are interested to get this officially tracked you would require a support ticket as we cannot do this via the medium of a community forum.

I will do this. Kindly point me in the correct direction to proceed with opening a support ticket.

As outlined >here< this is in the release notes so if you only recently upgraded then I would assume you would have read and understood the change.

Assumption is the birth of many problems. I read and saw the change but apparently did not fully understand the implication of it, as most on this board have not. Now I have no recourse other than to buy a used BT600 with older firmware as I understand it is not possible to roll the firmware back to a previous version. I also understand that this is due to technical reasons in the firmware which is understandable and fine, what I don't understand is why the design decision was made to FORCE this behavior once the device was used with Teams and not have an option in the Plantronics Hub to change it or an alternate non-MS Certified firmware that the device can be flashed to. If I stop using Teams, this has nothing to do with Microsoft anymore. How is that necessary for MS Certification?

Furthermore, the release notes state that the "Blue/Purple flash stops when Teams is not connected" then it also says that "LED behavior changes as shown above and it remains so going forward". This is extremely ambiguous and misleading, hence all the posts regarding people who have upgraded not quite understanding all aspects of the design change.

As this is the official Poly community could I kindly ask you to use a professional tone and not ask for someone to lose their job? Part of this is based on the certification and the LED has no impact on the usability of the actual device.

I was using a professional tone, I don't understand why it was interpreted differently. Regardless of the MS Certification, management, sales, engineering, support, and most importantly, the customers need to ALL be involved when a decision like this is made, not just a single customer with deep pockets. Perhaps that is just wishful thinking these days but when a bad decision is made in my company, the people who made that decision are held liable. That is usually how the world works.

I do appreciate your time in responding to my original posts and it continues to be my wish that my feedback, as well as the feedback of others on this forum, makes enough noise to be heard by those at the top making the decisions. Thank you again and I look forward to any additional comments you may have regarding this topic.

HP Recommended

I'd just like to add to the previous comment that I did submit a support request after experiencing this problem.  However, documentation that this feature was added was added to the firmware release info only after it was deployed to production.  I know because I reviewed the documentation, submitted a support request, then was referred to the same documentation I had just reviewed.  I was told downgrading was not possible.

HP Recommended

I had to register to this forum so that I can join to this discussion and I would also like to get one clear answer to this. My patience is running out soon as I have now seen that blinking BT600 for 5 months.

So are you going to fix this super very annoying blinking feature and when?

I'm really waiting for this fix and actually checked updates for every day in August.
I hope you will keep your promise:
"We are making a change which should remove the flashing but due to additional external dependencies, this will be at present planned for August 2020 (Subject to change)."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.