cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pano & Polycom Trio 8800 Integration

Advisor

Pano & Polycom Trio 8800 Integration

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to intergrate Polycom Pano and the Polycom Trio 8800. With or without the visual+ box.

I am hoping to get better frame rate and user experience.

regards,

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Pano & Polycom Trio 8800 Integration

Hello @Joe85,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

These are two separate products with different use cases.

What actual implementation are you after ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 13
Advisor

Hi Steffen,

We want the functionailty and performance of the Pano intergrated with the Polycom trio. baiscally we want the content to perform better than People + Content IP. And having the pano gives us this and the ability for users to connect to the rooms using room names. 

If we use the Pano app with the Trio 8800 on its own. We are forced to use IP addresses, Which is not an acceptable change for our. I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Thanks

Message 3 of 13
Polycom Employee

hi Joe85,

I believe the release notes of the Pano app 1.1 could help here . There are  differences between  the Pano app and Content+IP.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 13
Frequent Advisor

When the Pano was first released, it listed the Trio as an integration point in the documentation.

However, it doesn't make any sense.  Have you looked at the AirPlay and Miracast features of the Trio in the latest firmware releases?  This is far superior to the People+Content performance.  

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

The upcoming verion of Pano App (v1.2) will bring support for direct USB communication with RP Trio.

The only caveat is that Pano App must be installed on the PC/Mac. Once installed and running, if the user connects a USB cable from the Trio to the PC/Mac, Pano App will immediately switch to USB mode (no IP address needed). See attached image.

Advisor

Hi Philliplyle,

Yes i have. Miracast on the trio doesnt not work at all on any device we use, however Airplay seems to be a little bit more stable. I just updated the Trios to 5.5.4.2255. and Miracast still isnt working.

Thanks for your feedback

Hello @Joe85,

What Miracast devices are you trying this with ?

Are these Windows PC's or Android devices?

I had a corporate customer where their Windows Firewall blocked this. Once they enabled the traffic it worked fine:

Allow the following services “%systemroot%\system32\WUDFHost.exe and %systemroot%\system32\CastSrv.exe” the communication (inbound/outbound) through windows firewall.  

The next step would be to raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 8 of 13
Advisor

Evening Steffen,

They are all dell XPS Windows 10 OS build 1706. I will check if the firewall config resolves the miracast issue. However we want the trios to also be accessible on the guess network for Guest coming into our offices. 

I am not sure if this fix will be an option. let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Message 9 of 13

Hello @Joe85,

Miracast is direct WiFi so they should.

Airplay needs to be routed. The FAQ for Airplay contains details on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 10 of 13