Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Pano starting splash screen

Occasional Visitor

Pano starting splash screen

Hello.  I have a proof of concept conference room up and running with a Pano and NEC 65" touch screen.  It's running great.  On the Pano's HDMI input, I have a permanently connected PC.  So it looks like this:

PC HDMI out --> Pano HDMI in

Pano HDMI out --> NEC HDMI in

When the Pano is reset by the user, the Pano splash screen displays and there is no way to get the computer to come back except by resetting the PC, which sends a new signal on the HDMI port.  That activates the Pano to show the PC.

Problem:  The PC is installed permanently behind the display.  There is no way to send a fresh HDMI signal to the Pano.

Question:

Since the PC is always on, can you have something on the Pano splash screen that activates the HDMI input to the screen?  Perhaps the HDMI graphic itself could be the hotspot target (i.e. Touch Here).

We like having the Pano splash screen on the display.  It indicates to a new user coming into the conference room that the technology is present.

As a secondary question, if the computer is being displayed but has no activity for some amount of time, can the splash screen be triggered.  Again, the goal is to have the Pano splash screen visible for a new user coming into the room.  Of course, the last user can click the red X and reset the Pano, but that may not happen or the computer may reboot itself after patching, for example, which would send a fresh signal on the HDMI and cause the PC to display instead of the splash screen

Hopefully, this a good product development idea for those customers with permanently attached sources to the Pano's HDMI input.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: Pano starting splash screen

By the way, idea number 3.

Since the PC is permanently connected, I would like to be able to change the text on the Pano splash screen from the unconfigurable "HDMI" to something I choose (i.e. "Conference Room Computer").

Message 2 of 5
Frequent Advisor

When you say the "Pano is reset by the user", what do you mean?  Someone unplugs and plugs back in the Pano?

Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

On the Pano screen, there is a red X in the lower left corner.  If touched (clicked) it resets any active casts and screens and returns to the opening Pano splash screen.

The red X will reset the device on a 15 second countdown timer, or the user can click Close Now.  The reset process only takes about 2 seconds.

Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Why are users resetting the Pano?  Bugs?  A lot was hopefully fixed in 1.2.

Message 5 of 5