cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polycom CX5500 - Distance from camera

Visitor

Polycom CX5500 - Distance from camera

Hello

We are using our new Polycom camera in our board room. This board table is unusually long (appx 20-25") and is oval in shape.

We've noticed that the 360o camera won't capture individual faces unless they are sitting in a certain range/distance from the camera.

The camera is set up in the middle of the table, and has to be as it makes sense in relation to the power outlet. Thus, anyone sitting at the far end of the boardroom table is hard to see and hear.

Is there a zoom option or a setting change we could make to accomodate this, or this camera simply meant to be used in a perfect circle table setting?

Thanks!

Community Agency

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom CX5500 - Distance from camera

hi Camera2017,

Thanks for your post .

No , the panoramic cameras are fixed and do not support any digital zooming.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

My question is similar, but has to do with the video processing in the Real Presence Centro, which appears to have some zoom and panoramic display features currently not available to the CX5100 and cx5500 models.  Is this software being considered for an upgrade to the previous CX models?

Jerrold Gilmere
Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @jonah47,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are no such enhancements planned on the current CX product range and partly they even  look the same as the Centro there is a huge difference in them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Visitor

Sorry to hear that this would be so.  Just thinking in terms of the various digital processing apps running around out there that could track the speaker with facial recognition to zoom and frame when combined with the audio tracking; and the enhancement of the video resolution should allow for some digital enlargement.  It may be something to turn OBS Studio loose on to see if we can enhance the view from a larger table venue.

Thank you for the response!

Jerrold Gilmere
Message 5 of 5