Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Will Not Make Outbound Calls

Occasional Visitor

Polycom Will Not Make Outbound Calls

Hi all,

I am new at my workplace we have a Polycom Nortel Soundstation 2 NTAB4213. Here's what we've tested:

• The phone line works - both incoming and outgoing - with another phone
  • The Polycom can make internal calls - ie to another extension
  • We can call into the Polycom
  • We get a dial tone on the Polycom
  • There is a handwritten note on the unit that says "dial 9". When we dial 9, and the number nothing happens
  • When we dial the number without dialing 9 it doesn't let us finish.

Help! Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Will Not Make Outbound Calls

Hello @CS_RICH,

Polycom manufactured these phones originally for Nortel now Avaya so I would ask in one of their forums.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for that tip. However, I just tried and can't access the forum at Avaya.com because we don't have a company ID. Any other tips?

Message 3 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi

As posted we only manufacture these but got nothing to do with their support. You may need to call them or email them to raise a support case

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What is the phone registering to?  It sounds like there is a registration server configuration error which is causing the dialing string to fail. Are you dialing 9 + 1 +areacode+number (assuming you're in the US)?

JoeV
Message 5 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Joe, I've tried both 9+1+ area code, and 9+ just the last 7 digits. On our regular phones we just dial out - we don't need to dial 9 and we don't need to dial area code for local calls.

Our voicemail seems to be through Nortel Networks. Do you think that would be a factor in this?

thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Valued Contributor

You need to speak with whoever is providing your phone services whether it is an onsite PBX or a local telephone provider.  A support group should control the dialing plan in the PBX or Centrex service that is routing the calls from your phones.

JoeV
Message 7 of 7