Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom purchase

Highlighted
Visitor

Polycom purchase

My office is looking to replace current Polycom model 2200-16200-001 as it no longer meets the needs in one of our larger conference rooms.  The conference room holds about 30 people.

We're looking at several options

Option 1:  Purchase Soundstation2 W cordless with wireless mics.  How many mics can be used with this model?

Option 2: What model Polycom would allow for more than 2 mics

Option 3:  Does the cord length for mics on the 2200-16200-001 come standard or can mics be purchased with longer cords?  What's the maximum amt of mics to be used with this model?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom purchase

Hello BMA,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Datasheet for the SS2 ex => here <= and for the SS2W => here <= show that each unit can handle two external microphones.

The length of the cables is defined (according to the datasheet) as a 8 ft. (2.4 m)

I do not think any of our analog Conference phone range does support more than 2 microphones.

The SSIP7000 as a SIP Phone can be used as a twin installation (via a multimod interface) or can use up to two expansion microphones.

Please ensure that you contact a Polycom reseller for final confirmation before purchasing any products.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Polycom purchase

If you need a 'multimics' PSTN installation for a large hall it may be interesting for you to look at SoundStructure C-Series with TEL1 or TEL2 board: http://www.polycom.co.uk/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/installed_audio/sou...

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 3 of 3