Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I updated my BT600 to firmware v2120 and my Voyager Focus UC (B825-M) to firmware v612.

After doing this, I am noticing the following on my headset:

1. The red mute button on the mic stem does nothing - even when not connected to the BT600 or directly to a Bluetooth device, pressing it used to cause an audible beep in my ear - now the pressing the button does nothing.
  2. When connected to my Samsung Galaxy S10 (Android 11),
    1. the play/pause button no longer pauses or plays the music (however, the next/previous track button still functions as expected - NOTE: pushing play/pause button still registers an audible beep.
    2. the answer/end call button on the left ear no longer functions as expected - again, pushing play/pause button still registers an audible beep.
  3. When connected to my BT600 on my computer (Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit), the left-ear end call button no longer ends my MS Teams call (almost expected seeing as it also doesn't end phone calls when connected to my Galaxy S10).

Is anyone experiencing this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @group7access 

Please contact headset.helpline@poly.com or regional support can be found here:

https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I had already been in contact with support, however, they were unresponsive. I was verbally given a case number, but never received an email and therefore could only correspond with support by calling them. My employer got tired of waiting and just sent me a new headset.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue like you, I wish I read your post before I updated.

and also, I sent an Email to support and no response either.

Did you manage to fix your problem? is there any way to downgrade the software on this kind of headset (Voyager Focus UC)?

HP Recommended

I am selfishly glad to hear that I was not the only one. I only wish I had better news for you regarding a resolution as mine was for my employer to give me a new headset. You will not be able to downgrade on your own. While the Poly support scores a +1 for having phone support and being quite easy to teach, they get a -5 for not replying to me to help me downgrade my firmware or fix the issue at all.

HP Recommended

That's very sad to hear, I don't understand why a such big company would send you an untested software that will break your 300$ headset and they refuse to reconignse it, and they don't even want to make any effort to urgenttly fix it.

HP Recommended

Hello @Freetimes ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly does test firmware updates and I am not aware of any known issues. It must be an isolated incident so I can only ask you to contact our support organization. We cannot handle this via the medium of a community forum.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

with all due respect to you, but it's definitely not isolated, since many people had the same issue at the same time, but Poly needs to be courageous and say that they sent an untested firmware, or at least it was a mistake that they send a firmware to the wrong devices, that would be acceptable. But what is not acceptable is to deny it and don't fix it. As you can see here the user group7access was waiting for a month now without any resolution, which is hilarious.

Maybe the reason why there haven’t been a lot of people with the same issue, is that people do not trust Plantronics updates anymore and they didn’t apply the latest one (hope they won’t).

Of course I opened a ticket, so let’s see if the support would provide a resolution, or they will park me like they did to group7access.

HP Recommended

Hello @Freetimes ,

just as a reminder in case you are unaware. This is the official Poly community where we can discuss issues and help other users. The community is not a replacement for Poly's official support organization.

Everyone within this community is a volunteer.

I can assure you this is an isolated issue as we sell these in very large numbers and in my day job role as a 3rd level support engineer I would be aware if this is a major issue.

Please work with our support team on this as I am unable to comment on support cases.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I Think I’m aware, because I came here seeking help to see if there is a workaround to downgrade the firmware of my headset after the disaster caused by the update sent by Poly.

When you say ‘I would be aware if this is a major issue’, I think I’ve answered you about this, because people are not trusting Poly’s updates I believe, so they are avoiding them as much as they could (I was dumb when I applied the firmware at the first place)

Don’t take it personal Steffen, nobody is blaming you here, but this kind of communities, sometimes, could help people to make themselves heard by Poly (hopefully), because it’s unacceptable to let a user waiting for a fix for more than a month (like the case of our friend here group7access)

And also, we are sharing our experience here, so people do not make the same mistake as we did, to avoid breaking their devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.