Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I received a prompt to upgrade my firmware for my BT600 today in the Plantronics Hub. After the update my Mute status no longer works with Zoom.  If I press the mute button on the Voyager 5200 headset I get the standard voice message telling me it's is muted, but it doesn't actually mute in Zoom and people can still hear me.  If I mute in Zoom it does not change the status of the mute in the app in the system tray and I don't get the voice telling me I'm muted. I use this headset for work calls so it is critical I know when and when I'm not on mute.

This was working perfectly before the firmware update.  I called support and they said they had received a few similar calls after upgrading the firmware but didn't have a fix.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Same situation here. However I did not notice it, as I have the zoom audio setting "synchronize headset buttons" turned off all the time, because I experienced problems with this with other gear.

So, until support can sort this out for you, maybe as workaround disable the setting in zoom. and then either use zoom mute (to show others that you are muted) or use Voyager mute to "silently" mute... at least you will know the status (screen display of zoom, popup in zoom that you are muted when you speak while zoom-muted; or audio info from Voyager (you are muted) and red LED instead of blue on BT600...

maybe this is of help for you.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Hope it can be fixed soon.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my Plantronics Savi W720-M.  It started after I updated the Plantronics Hub as well.  

HP Recommended

Mute button also not working for me, but in MS Teams.

This is a brand new headset to replace the same model, so at least this post confirms that it is likely not the physical button that is broken.

HP Recommended

My left (answer/end call button) and right (play-pause music) buttons also appear to be broken.

My headset is listed as "Voyager Focus UC" in the Plantronics Hub and is Product ID: 0127.

My BT600 is Product ID: 02EE

HP Recommended

If you also updated the Voyager Focus UC headset to firmware version 612, have you also noticed any of the following to be true?

1. The small red "mute" button on the headset does NOTHING - even when not being connected to the BT600 dongle or a smartphone via Bluetooth, it doesn't even beep for me when I press it - and long-press-and-hold (about 4 seconds) is apparently supposed to enable/disable wideband audio
  2. The right ear play/pause button no longer plays/pauses my music on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 11).
  3. The next/previous song buttons still work
  4. On the left ear button, the end call button no longer ends a call - I can't confirm it is answers calls.
HP Recommended

Hello @group7access , @WebHead , @Wayne-H , @Alvin Zhao  and @MARamius 

are any of you using the Plantronics Hub 3.22 and Zoom?

If yes I suggest downgrading to Hub 3.21 from >here

If you still have issues please contact headset.helpline@poly.com or regional support can be found here:

https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have Hub 3.22 installed on my computer, but I do not use Zoom. This is happening to me in MS Teams. And, when I am not even using my Voyager Focus UC with a computer, the mute button no longer makes a noise when I press the button.

I have two Voyager Focus UC headsets and two BT600s at the moment. Why? Because I moved departments and my old manager wants my headset back, so my manager bought me an identical one.

• I upgraded the firmware on my new headset to v612 and my BT600 to V2120. Since doing this,
  1. The small red "mute" button on the headset does NOTHING - even when not being connected to the BT600 dongle or a smartphone via Bluetooth, it doesn't even beep for me when I press it - and long-press-and-hold (about 4 seconds) is apparently supposed to enable/disable wideband audio
  2. The right ear play/pause button no longer plays/pauses my music on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 11).
  3. The next/previous song buttons still work
  4. On the left ear button, the end call button no longer ends a call - I can't confirm it is answers calls.
HP Recommended

@webhead - What headset are you using with the BT600? If you have the Voyager Focus UC, did you chance also update its firmware to v612?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.