Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

After Reste of ViewSource 128, Error about removing camera coller and cycling the power

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

After Reste of ViewSource 128, Error about removing camera coller and cycling the power

I came in to re-IP the Polycom Viewsource 128 and no one knew the passwords.  After reading about doing a full reset to reset the password, I ran the reset.

Upon reboot, the network link stays off and I get only this error:

Test for NTSC/PAL system requires that

the camera be able to move

Please remove the camera collar and cycle the power.

There is nothing binding the camera and upon reboot, right after either unplugging it or cycling the switch, the camera moves, then a few seconds go by, and then this screen appears and I can go no further.

The only connections on this are power, S-Video, Compsite Video, network, and microphone.  No extra cameras.

Any assistence would greatly be appreciated.  I know we are currently looking to replace all of our video conferencing units at all sites but it would be nice to get this up and running in the meantime.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: After Reste of ViewSource 128, Error about removing camera coller and cycling the power

Try flash-reclaiming the unit.  Just hold down the button to the right of the camera while its booting until you see a message "flash has been reclaimed".  If it comes back up and does the same thing its most likely shaken loose the mortal coil.  (dead)

A+ Net+ CVE APSS ACSS RSACSP CTS
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: After Reste of ViewSource 128, Error about removing camera coller and cycling the power

Thank you very much.

I got to the screen and tried that but it did not work.

It was asking about a firmware.  Is there a spot I could download the firmware .EXE file and re-flash it?

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee

here is the ERFL procedure. Be sure you have the latest ViewStation software downloaded to the laptop before proceeding. The latest is version 7.5.4 and available here… http://www.polycom.com/support/video/other_video/viewstation_mp.html This will completely erase the flash memory of a ViewStation and all files will be removed, including address book entries! Before beginning, make sure that the user has the latest version of ViewStation software on their PC. If this process is done improperly, it could damage the ViewStation. Please be sure to follow these steps exactly: FTP into the ViewStation using a control panel, or DOS prompt. Enter the following commands at the prompt (>): >ftp 1.1.1.2 (IP Address of the ViewStation) Connected to 1.1.1.2 220 FTP Server, type 'quote help' for help User (198.211.123.129:(none)): admin 331 User name okay, need password. Password: (if you have an administrative password on the unit, enter it here, otherwise, just press ) 230 User logged in, proceed. ftp> quote swus ftp> bin ftp> quote boot This will reboot the system and it should come up to the software update screen. Once here we can now erase the flash. Ftp into the system again then enter the following commands at the ftp prompt: ftp> get allflashmem ftp> quote bin ftp> quote unlock ftp> quote erfl After the the system finishes reformatting the flash memory: ftp> quote boot After the ViewStation reboots, run softupdate again to push new software to the ViewStation.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 4 of 4