Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom CX7000

Occasional Visitor

Polycom CX7000

Hey Everyone,

I have acquired one of these and I am in need of flashing the bios so I can reload an OS on it. However there is a password on the bios. Is it possible to flash the bios?

I am seeing a JTAG to the left (from the back) 10 pins and no jumpers on it. Then to the right of the hard drive I see 2 sets of pins marked JP1 and JP2 - 2 pins each. Then I see near the cmos battery to the right of it actually, 3 pins marked J13 with a jumper on 2 of them.

Is anyone familiar with this motherboard? PWA 2202-82584-001 is the serial on it I think.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Michael

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom CX7000

Hello @Coop59 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As already outlined, in this post >here<, this is Poly proprietary information which we do not share.

The CX7000 is a purpose-built Video device only intended for its use as a LYNC Video Device.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2