Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

5.7.0 VVX Display Status in RPRM 10.3 Missing

Frequent Advisor

5.7.0 VVX Display Status in RPRM 10.3 Missing

Hello ... 

After upgrading my RPRM to 10.3 form 10.2, all of our 600+ VVX 411/601 phones were running 5.6.0 and showing the status and dial string details correctly. 

Under Status we'd see a green check mark and arrow for registered / unregistered etc. The dial string details would be the users SIPURI. 

Since upgrading the phones to 5.7.0, I've noticed that these status icons are missing and details are not being shown. I have confirmed by going to the phones WebUI and checking the Skype status and all looks good.

I temporary fix has been to downgrade the phone to a 5.6.x release and then upgrade back to 5.7.0. It seems that most phones that have this fix are fine, however if I were to factory default the phone and remove the configuration / object from RPRM and let it rediscover, it will display this behaviour. 

I have also been seeing  'Alert Type:    HeartbeatStatusTimeout; occurring as well. I've been able to run a constant ping on the phone in question and it's alive on the network. 

I am not sure why my existing configuration seems to work fine on a 5.6.x release, but not on 5.7.0. 

Anyone else seeing this in their RPRM 10.3 setup? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 5.7.0 VVX Display Status in RPRM 10.3 Missing

Hi @SR_MCSE

from the VoIP FAQ:

Dec 06, 2017 Question: What could cause heartbeat issues on a RealPresence Resource Manager RPRM using Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Check that all 3 options are set (and nobody disabled access to the phones WebUI)

The next step would be Polycom support via your RPRM reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2