Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI, I am certainly sure this is not the right place, but I could not find the place for Media Suite.

I assumed that here is the most viewd on this site, so I decided to submit this topic here.

Please, refer me to the right place if there were any.

I have a problem with Media Suite, which runs RAID rebuild EVERY TIME I restarted media suite.

It is not "known issue" at the moment and I am wondering If it's true that I was the only one

who realized this issue on all over the world.

Firstable, I want to ask everyone if somebody ever ralized this problem.

OR I want you to try this happens when you restarted.

If it really happens, I want you to report to Polycom and ask for the fix ASAP.

The biggest problem I found is that transcoding is very slow while RAID rebuildng (every time after you restarted the sytem).

I belive this problm might be VERY FATAL after you store many recording data or any other operation/usage which affect system's performance.

Also, it is sure to make HDD's life much shorter  without letting users know about it.

By the way, Polycom does not accept it as the bug just yet.

Thanks

Regard

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Kjoo,

maybe you haven´t heard, but Polycom isn´t responsible for MdiaSuite anymore. Effective January 1 2018, support and development of Polycom’s Video Content Management (VCM) portfolio has transitioned to HARMAN Connected Services. While the Polycom VCM support pages will remain live, they will no longer be updated.

For the latest software releases and documentation, please visit HARMAN’s website.

HP Recommended

Hi mschulze

Thanks for reply.

I know the scheme change you mentioned.

I am already asking the research and support for fix to HARMAN.

However, they are not the developer fo this system, and

it seems version up development schme is not quite ready yet in them.

So, first purpose of this post is to make sure if there were any other users experiencing same issue.

Since Polycom sold more of this system than HARMAN just yet.

Also, there seems to be no forum for HARMAN.

*Please, refer me if there is one.

Second purpose is to notify everyone who bought Media Suite.

The system might have potential problem, and to make every one to make sure if it really is.

And hopefully I could ever share any hint for fix with other users.

Thanks
Regard.

HP Recommended

I wondered about the future of Media Suite also.  What will happen when Adobe Flash is not supported in 2020? Is there a plan forward to use MPEG Dash as the new standard?

HP Recommended

Hello @Craig G,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

as already outlined this is no longer a Polycom product so Polycom is not involved in any of its development or support.

Please contact Harman for support and any future development.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I know that Pokycom is not developing the product, but I had hoped someone in the community might know the answer. It looks like the Media Suite was unloaded from your portfolio, and you want nothing to do with it as it was turning into a problem.
HP Recommended

Hello @Craig G,

I am unsure what the decision behind the change of support was and all I can do is comment on the official state at present.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We use Media Suite with every call in our enviroment. We have had various issues, the primary one being that the autoarchive FTP option would work for months on end, then stop. Primary solution has been a periodic reboot.

After it switched to Harman I worked with them. They were clearly new, but they helped where they could. Ended up on a conference call with some folks and we discussed how we use our system in higher ed and they were impressed (ours is basically a DVR, then all the manipulation and distribution happens off the MS box).

They gave us a beta version, a halfway point from what Polycom had to what they are working on. Not sure how it all plays out, but they were working on a bunch of new things.

I got the impression they were eager to develop the product. They were also pretty approachable, answering emails, calls, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.