Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm getting no audio when I enter a conference with CMA Desktop, only when I enter the conference.

When I go to Properties -> Audio -> Test Audio Devices, the audio works fine.

I tried to reinstall CMA, the headphone, nothing works.

I'm using: CMA Desktop 5.1, Logitech USB Headset, Windows 7 32Bits, Note Dell Latitude E5400.

It was working fine.

Its not working with the note audio too.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi!

Please note that withing Windows 7, when plugging in a USB headset, it "overrides" any other sound device (for example speakers connected with a mini-PL cable).

Please confirm that the default audio device is indeed matching between Windows 7 and the Polycom CMA Desktop.

To check this, please refer to Microsoft's Website:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows

In addition, you can also try the Fix-it tool from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

As for the CMA Desktop, please navigate to:

Preferences->Audio->Choose Audio Output Device (it could be it set to "Auto", however you can change and select the output source manually to match your headset).

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your help, but my problem it happens ONLY when I'm in a call through CMA Desktop.

Even the soud test in the CMA Desktop works perfect.

I tried using skype to test and everything is working fine too!

Thats the wierd part, everything works fine until the call is conected in the CMA Desktop.....

Any clue??

HP Recommended

Hi!

I am sorry for the late response.

Can you please tell me what kind of system is connected on the far end?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

CMA 4000 v5.5.0

MCU v7.1.0.121

If you need more info, please tell me!

Tks!

HP Recommended

Did you try connecting without the aid of the MCU to a regular video endpoint directly?

Also -

• Are you trying to establish an encrypted call?
  • Are there any packets lost (Audio) when connecting?
  • Is there any jitter (Audio) when connecting?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes, I did and still the same...

I don't know how to see if it is encrypted or not.

No, the network is fine, no packets lost.

No, no jittering too.

The tests that I'm doing is over a Lan not a Wan...

Tks for the attention

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.